When you crave candy, do you often reach for Reese’s pieces? Do you like blondies (vanilla brownies)? If so, look no further than a Reese’s peanut butter pie for a delicious treat combining both flavors. You can whip up a peanut butter pie in your kitchen easily. It also takes minimal clean-up since everything is made in one bowl.
It’s a fantastic idea for a sweet snack, a party dessert, or a holiday celebration. Learn how to make it below.
- 8 tablespoons (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (7 ounces) packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups (6 1/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Reese’s Pieces candy
To make the pie:
- Preheat your oven to 375° Farenheit.
- Lightly grease either an 8 x 8 or medium size pie pan.
- Place butter in a large microwaveable bowl and microwave on low power until just starting to melt, about 30 seconds. Stir in sugar and salt until combined. Stir in peanut butter, then egg and vanilla. Add flour and baking soda to the bowl, then stir until combined.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Spread into pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle with Reese’s pieces. Bake for 25 minutes. It should look golden and set when 25 minutes is up. A knife inserted into the center will comes out with fudgy crumbs when it is done.
- Let cool in pan, about an hour. Lift blondies out of pan and slice.